How to connect your Zendesk account
To connect your Zendesk account to EnjoyHQ follow these steps:
- First, go to your Zendesk > Account settings > Channel > API section to grab your API details:Only Zendesk Admins or Agents can access the API. It's not available to Light Agents.
- Once in, grab or create the following details:Account Subdomain: The subdomain of your Zendesk account. If your Zendesk URL is http://apples-and-oranges.zendesk.com you need to input only apples-and-oranges here. Full URL will not work!.
Your Zendesk E-Mail: The email address of the Zendesk agent which has access to the Zendesk API
API token: API Tokens can be found in the Account Admin > Channels > API section.
If you already have an API token you can use that one or you can create a new one for EnjoyHQ. When done - keep those details handy, you'll need them in a second.
- Now go to EnjoyHQ > Account area > Integrations and click on Zendesk.
- Fill in the name, subdomain, email, and API token and click 'Connect'. You're all set!EnjoyHQ will need a few minutes to start fetching all your data.
What data is synchronized?
Once you connect your account we will import all tickets which have at least one comment present from a customer. This can be customer reply on the ticket, a comment left as part of the rating.
For all the tickets with customer feedback, we import
- ticket conversation, as content
- ticket information - status and ID will be stored as document metadata
- ticket custom fields will be stored as document properties
- satisfaction rating including the rating reason and comment will also be stored in the properties
For each end-user whose feedback (ticket) was imported to EnjoyHQ, we also import the details about the user and its organization. Those data are then available via document user properties.
The tickets are fetched every hour and will sync any changed tickets, along with associated user details. Customer data for customers who are already present in EnjoyHQ is fetched daily.
Our integration can recognize Zendesk Chat messages and format them as regular ticket conversations. Unfortunately due to how Zendesk provides Chat information the associated user information is not available at all time.