Accounts structure and workspaces
How are accounts structured?
EnjoyHQ is a collaborative tool - meaning that many users share the same team. An account is an entity that groups multiple workspaces and has a team of users.
A workspace stores all your account data: documents, highlights, files, projects, and stories. A workspace also contains all your integration configuration, rules, taxonomy and other organizational items.
If your account has multiple workspaces support enabled, the structure would look like this:
Users can switch between workspaces at any point, as long as they are part of the same account.
Given the above it means, that signing up for a new EnjoyHQ account, will create a completely separate account & workspace structure. Accounts are completely isolated from each other and their users or data cannot be moved between them. Your security and compliance team will love this 💖
How to switch between workspaces?
If your account has enabled support for multiple workspaces, you will see an additional option in your application menu:
That menu item, tells you the workspace you're currently in. Clicking on that option will take you to the page, where you can switch between them:
From here - you can pick any of the workspaces linked to your account and see its data, classify it and so on.
Regardless of which workspace you're in - you'll be able to mention users across your account, as well as manage their permissions and invite new users (assuming you're an administrator)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the data shared between workspaces?
No. Workspaces are completely isolated, all the way down to rules, tags, properties and even integrations. The only thing that's shared are users, allowances and SSO settings.
- What happens to user roles when they switch between workspaces?
At the moment, users retain their roles - so if a user Jenny is a collaborator she will retain her role regardless of which workspace she's looking at
- How do I invite or add users?
All methods of inviting and signing in will work as normal
- Currently, when sharing a link with someone who has switched to another workspace, they will not be able to access the shared item, unless they switch back to the workspace to which the shared item belongs to
- At the moment, workspaces cannot be renamed - please reach out to us, and we can do it for you
- Data cannot be moved or copied between workspaces
- Users will retain their permissions between workspaces