Importing customer data from spreadsheets
Usually, when importing a spreadsheet - you have the ability to import written feedback as well as optional feedback attributes (tags, properties) as well as customer information. While we do not directly support importing only customer details (without feedback), You can use the spreadsheet importer to upload customer data (profile and properties) only; it requires a simple step to prepare your spreadsheet before uploading.
Here are the steps:
- Obtain a spreadsheet with your customer details - you have to ensure that it has a column with the email addresses of your customers, along with any other properties you'd like to import (company name, MRR, persona and so on)
- In your spreadsheet add "content" column and fill all rows with anything, it can be just the word "content"
Your spreadsheet should look like this:
Number of projects
Some other attribute
You can now import the spreadsheet using our importer and:
- Make sure you map the email column
- Pick other columns to be mapped as customer properties
- The content column is mapped as content
You can ignore the warning about the missing "created at" field - we won't need it as we will discard all of the document data in the final step.
Once the import is done, you can head to the uploads section and delete the spreadsheet that you've just imported. In the background, we will remove all of the fake feedback, but keep the imported customer profiles and associate them with your existing or new documents.
When new documents are added to your account - you can associate them with the imported customer profiles by looking up the customers by their name or email address: