Data Storage & Retention
Data storage and retention policies
By default, all your data is stored in the US regions, in the public clouds managed by AWS and Google.
As part of our enterprise plan we offer a dedicated cloud environment, fully managed by us, in the region of your choosing (region availability my vary). The dedicated environment is priced on top of the enterprise plan.
How / when is my data deleted?
To prevent accidental loss of data caused by user error certain entities are not deleted immeaditely. Specifically, feedback documents are marked for removal and are securely deleted after:
- Two weeks if the data was deleted manually by the user
- Two months if the data was deleted as a result of an automation rule
Other types of data stored in your account are subject to the following
- Uploaded files (images, spreadsheets, Word documents etc) are deleted when their associated resources (projects, stories, documents) are deleted permanently
- Customer records can be deleted either manually or via our API - in either case, data is deleted immediately
- Stories, Projects (along with their analysis board, plan and summary) are deleted immediately
Cancellations / Trial Expiry
In case of cancellation or account expiring within 14 days, we purge all your data immediately with no chance of recovery.
All data is backed up daily, and stored in an offsite, encrypted storage. All backups are retained for a maximum of 31 days.