Data Storage & Retention
Data storage and retention policies
By default, all your data is stored in the USA region, in the public cloud infrastructure managed by AWS.
How / when is my data deleted?
To prevent accidental loss of data caused by user error certain entities are not deleted immeaditely. Specifically, feedback documents are marked for removal and are securely deleted after:
- Two weeks if the data was deleted manually by the user
- Two months if the data was deleted as a result of an automation rule
Other types of data stored in your account are subject to the following
- Uploaded files (images, spreadsheets, Word documents etc) are deleted when their associated resources (projects, stories, documents) are deleted permanently
- Customer profiles can be deleted either manually or via our API - in either case, data is deleted immediately when its a user-initiated action
- Customer profiles not connected to any document for more than 90 days from the last time they were imported/or connected to at least one document (whichever happened last) will be deleted automatically with no chance of recovery
- Stories, Projects (along with their analysis board, plan and summary), Saved Searches, Labels, Reports and Dashboards are deleted immediately when its a user-initiated action
Cancellations / Trial Expiry
In case of cancellation or account expiring after 14 days of the trial end, we purge all your data immediately with no chance of recovery.
All data is backed up daily, and stored in an offsite, encrypted storage. All backups are retained for a maximum of 31 days.